Sunday 4 May 2014

Extra Creamy Rice Pudding


I was feeling all nostalgic this weekend and nothing brings back my childhood like a large bowl of rice pudding topped with a large dollop of strawberry jam. I thought I'd try making my own homemade creamy rice pudding. Many recipes suggest cooking the pudding rice however I'm not a huge fan of this method as it leaves the pudding slightly dry, this was when I discovered the stove method. Im completely sold with this recipe its so easy and tastes so much better than shop bought.


Serves Two

Creamy Rice Pudding
300ml water
150g pudding rice

400ml milk (I used semi skimmed)
100g caster sugar
pinch salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a pan bring the 300ml of water to the boil and then add the pudding rice turn down the heat so the water is simmering and put the lid on the pan and cook the rice for 15-20 minutes.

Add 300ml milk, caster sugar and salt to the cooked pudding rice and cook on a medium heat until the rice is thick and creamy

Stir in the remaining of 100ml milk, beaten egg and vanilla extra and cook for another 3-4 minutes stirring continuously.

Serve warm or leave to cool. Top the rice pudding with a swirl of strawberry jam, its also yummy with mango and coconut or cinnamon and chopped apple.




No comments:

Post a Comment