Wednesday 30 April 2014

The best chocolate brownies..


Easter weekend has been and gone but I’m still dreaming about the delicious chocolate brownies I made last weekend. I’m a sucker for chocolate brownies and trust me when i say I’ve tried a lot of brownie recipes in my time but this recipe hands down is the best. The end result produces a gooey yet fudgey textured chocolatey brownie. I am yet to meet someone who hasn’t gone back for another cheeky piece.


I thought I’d do a slight twist on the normal creme egg brownies I’ve seen on social media sites recently by adding my other two favourite easter treats malteaser bunnies and mini eggs. Any chocolate extras can be added to this recipe some of my favourite chocolatey extras include Rolos (which I’ve done before, see picture above), white chocolate chips and Crunchie bars. Be warned this recipe is not lacking in the calorie department but everyone needs a treat now and then right?
The best chocolate brownies
  • 185g Soft Butter
  • 185g Dark Chocolate
  • 85g Plain Flour
  • 40g Cocoa Powder
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 275g Caster Sugar
  • 4 Malteaser bunnies
  • 1 pack mini eggs
  • 3 creme eggs halved
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a shallow square tin.
  2. Melt together the butter and chocolate and leave to cool until room temperature
  3. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy
  4. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mouse and fold gently together using a spatula
  5. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold into the chocolate mixture
  6. Pour the mixture into the baking tin cook for 10 mins
  7. After 10 minutes take the brownie out of the oven and arrange the malteaser bunnies, mini eggs and creme egg halves into the mixture pushing them in gently, put back into the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes
  8. The brownie should have a slight crispy crust with no wobble, leave to cool

Happy Baking
x

No comments:

Post a Comment